Well, it snowed.
Though not technically the first snow of the season, it is the first snow the kids are actually able to play with.
Or sit in and eat.
I really want to believe it is beautiful…truly.
It is pretty. But I, like a lot of people in Minnesota, have a hard time with the realization that summer and fall are actually over. Especially with how short our summers are. Didn’t it just start?
Confession–I hate winter and winter sports and snow and really, anything to do with winter.
When asked why I live in Minnesota, I sometimes have a difficult time coming up with the answer. I suppose it is because I can’t imagine being away from my family.
But this winter, I have decided to try and not be such downer. I have hope this winter, I am going to find fun things to do.
So here it is, my bucket list of things to do this winter, with the kiddos, outside (at least that’s the plan).
- Go sledding making sure to bring plenty of hot chocolate…because really, what fun is going sledding without some delicious chocolate goodness!
- Try ice skating. Kiddo 1 had his first experience with ice skating last year at a party. He did not enjoy it…I think mostly because everyone else was at least decent at it…he was not–what have I done to my kiddos?!?
- Drive around and look at the Christmas lights. I know, not technically outside but it is a must. Plus, it gets dark at 4:30 in the afternoon! We need light somehow!
- Try playing boot hockey.
- Borrow some snow shoes and go hiking.
- Try hiking without snow shoes.
- Try camping? Not sure we will get to this, but there are lots of MN State Parks that have Cabins to rent. Who knows, it might be fun!
Alright, that is a big enough list for now. Haha, 7 things…not a lot, but being that I dislike winter, it is a start.
What do you think? What are your favorite things to do in the winter?
Comment and let me know!
Don’t let the cold weather get you down, get out there and have fun with your kiddos!